Filing Requirements » Cambodia
- An application may cover only one class of goods or services; The International Classification is followed for trademark registration in Cambodia.
- Claiming priority from the earlier trademark application in any State party of Paris Convention and member state of WTO is possible.
- Time Frame: Trademark applications are examined as to form and to substantive within two (02) months from the filing date.
- Protection term: Trademark registration certificate is valid for ten (10) years from the filing date and is renewable for consecutive periods of ten years.
- Maintenance: to maintain or renew a registration, the owner shall file Affidavit of Use or Non-Use of mark within one (1) year following the fifth anniversary of the registration date. Failure of this shall result in removal of his mark from the Registry.
- Full name, address and nationality of the applicant;
- First use date, first registration number and the country where the mark has been firstly used or registered;
- List of goods and/or services classified in accordance with International Classification of Goods and Services;
- Description of the mark: meaning, color claimed, device(s) classified in accordance with the International Classification of Device (if any), transliteration or translation of the characters of the mark into English if these characters are not in English;
- If priority is claimed from earlier application: application number and filing date, country where such priority application was filed;
- Notarized Power of Attorney from applicant (our form attached);
- Twenty (20) specimens of the mark (size within 8cm x 8cm);
- Certified copy of priority application and its English translation;